Mediterránea is a Spanish company that counts with more than 20 years’ experience in the catering services to communities.
Type of Operation
Portobello Secondary Fund I
It counts with distinguished leading role in the domestic hospital catering service.
It is currently undergoing international expansion, mainly in Latin America, with presence in Chile, Peru and Panama.
Why do we invest in Mediterranea?
- Uncorrelated growth: Identified outsourcing trend in hospital catering.
- Quantitative Leaps:
- Opportunity to grow in schools’ segment.
- Buy and build potential.
- Industry leader:
- Market leader in hospital segment – c.15% share and >50% in regions where present.
- Cost leadership, strong client focus and flexibility.
- Best-in-niche CEO: Mr. Muñoz, founder of the company in 1989, remained as a shareholder.
- Strong cash-flow generation and EBITDA margins: 4 to 5 year concessions.